Logo

2004 yamaha 25 four stroke wont idle/idles rough after trimming down motor..Please help

apocalapsi

Hi, I have recently purchased a 16 foot aluminum with a 25 yamaha four stroke outboard. I had issues with the carb as it was running too rich. I had it sent to a yamaha dealer who said the mixtures were not set correctly, they reset everything, cleaned the carbs and then he winterized it. I just took it out today and it was running great, however when i trim it down(manual tilt)the idle drops and then it stalls. If I troll at positions 1 or 2 with the motor raised it idles fine. If I take out the boat by myself, I have to lower the motor to the second last hole position in order to lower the bow. In other words, the motor is no longer parallel but tucked in towards the transom. At this point, the idle drops and it runs rough and stalls. The only way to rectify it is to raise the idle speed. I have no clue what is wrong. I'd like to troll with this motor but its idling way too fast at this new position. So what would cause the idle to drop when I lower the trim or angle of the motor. Should I not be running the motor in this position? I figured maybe gravity is causing an overrich situation when it is angled this way.
Thank you in advance
Chris

Back