Logo

HMMMM... lighting question.

Im Faster

Okay, so the wires were starting to crack on myt harnes.. so i decided to rewire...
Of course, the harness was not long enough.. so i kept all the lights hooked up. with orginal harness and ran new wire most of teh way. and tapped into the old harness..
I WILL be replacing the rest of teh wires. in the next couple days.

tail light turn signals work, and brake lights work..
how ever..
side turn signals do not work(they did with old harness)
and tail lights do not work.(like being on when you are not braking or turning. they are just off.)

so what do you think the problem may be? (on another trailer everything worked fine.)

While you are re-wiring do yourself a favor and run a ground wire to each light and on back to the hitch to the ground wire coming from your tow vehicle. Using the trailer frame as a ground will cause you headaches in the future.

the mistake most people make is thinking green is ground on a small trailer with a 5 wire connector....the white is ground and must be hooked up to the large white wire coming from the vehicle...agree with kim and i would replace the whole harness...a word of caution there though...make sure the harness you buy has some good heavy wires...some of that harbor freight etc stuff is too flimsy and small...

got the white is a ground thing..
And i am replaceing the whole harness it just wasnt big enough.. so gotta go buy more wire. i did buy the heavy duty harness.

Back