Logo

16.5ft loweline / whats the largest motor ican put on this boat

Hello, I have a 1977 16.5ft Lowe line flat bottom with a 35HP evinrude on it, I picked up
A 1979 70HP Johnson and want to put this on my boat but wanted know
If it would be ok . If any one can help me I would TRUELY appreciate it.
Thanks, Jason

hello I looked on the boat and a Coast Guard plate is faded out I cannot read any thing on it. Is there any other way to look this up? Does any one have an idea as to whether or not I can put a 70hp in it.This is a really heavy gauge boat,

go to that site and then go to about us on top of the page and scan down and there is a list of the boats...click on the boat you think yours is and it will show specs...pay attention to the beam and floor width as the hp will vary with that on same length boat...in the classified i found a local boat that was fully rigged out with carpet and bass seats etc that had a 70 yammy...it was a 2002 model...back when your boat was built lowes boats were 72 gauge....that is pretty light stuff for a old 70...i ran one years ago and its a heavy motor...if you do it make sure you have a good transom saver....that motor will crack the boat on the highway without it...good luck..

Thank you for the good info, I will look at everything closely before I decide to put this 70 on it. I will post what I find thanks again, Jason

Back