Logo

1998 40HP Mercury Constant Beep... More annoying then the wife!

jeffhall

Hi Guys,
Cold start 1998 40HP Mercury full of OIL and as mentioned cold just beeps constantly its not a beep beep but a beeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppppppp that never ends.

I have tried disconnecting the temp sensor wire and that did nothing.

The motor starts and runs fine though I didn't push it for obvious reasons.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light ?

Thanks
Jeff

Attachments

• s_WP_20130506_001.jpg
    s_WP_20130506_001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 177
NOTHING is more irritating than... Never mind.

I suggest you run 50:1 premix until you get it straightened out. (That way you can't hurt anytning.) It's probably adud sensor.

Jeff

NOTHING is more irritating than... Never mind.

I suggest you run 50:1 premix until you get it straightened out. (That way you can't hurt anytning.) It's probably adud sensor.

Jeff

Thanks mate I am not using it now anyway no one can handle that thing beeping whilst going down the lake !!.

I have read that it can be dud alarm module in the front controller, looks a lot like this as it beeps from cold start and a constant beep is apparently temp sensor where as a beep beep beep beep is no oil.

do you know anything about those beep codes?

Thanks Jeff

The buzzer is supposed to do a " self check " beep when key is turned on.---If the buzzer has it's own circuitry then perhaps it is just a defective buzzer.---If not then maybe the module is bad.

The buzzer is supposed to do a " self check " beep when key is turned on.---If the buzzer has it's own circuitry then perhaps it is just a defective buzzer.---If not then maybe the module is bad.

Sorry for my ignorance but

What do you mean by buzzer has its own circuitry ? The Module located in the front control or at the engine ?

Thanks

Back