Logo

98 alpha one gen ll - name these seals :)

fishinrado

Ok so my son ( half boat owner) got impatient and bought a seal kit off of amazon.
Called the seller and have not heard back and was hoping to re-assemble this weekend.
I know I have the the impeller rebuild kit in this mess but now sure what the hell the other seals are for?
looked up part #'s and have researched the crap out of the #'s and am even more confused :)
Thanks!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004S6NMQ6/ref=pe_309540_26725410_item_image

from left bottom counter clockwise: obviously the 3 biggies for pump housing and impeller, the 2 screw seals ( fill and vent), quad seal, coupler seals and face seal (10) and stumped on the other 8 especially the brass fitting above grey seal. 3 have springs ( two larger and one smaller - middle top)
Thanks from the new guy.......

well turns out this kit is great ! went out and found that the 2 spring seals and larger rubber black seal were the rebuild kit for the shaft seal and the orange rubber and the small spring seal were for the shift shaft rebuild so now I'm stoked!
I have rebuilt the water pump and the the other two units out of this set! Now down to the large orange seal which I assume is for the prop housing and one unknown ( brass with rubber) that I will look up with your links!
see pics

Attachments

• shaftseal.jpg
    shaftseal.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 33
  • shaftshift.jpg
    shaftshift.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 36
  • shaftorange.jpg
    shaftorange.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 40
Back