Logo

Dearborn Model C Transmission

swsiebert

Does anyone have a parts list for the Dearborn Model C transmission with Ford Parts #s. The best I have been able to do so far is to find one with Eaton Parts #s and have found no reference where I can crosswalk the #s from Eaton to Ford. My transmission is leaking alot of ATF and while I have it apart, I wanted to freshen it up with new clutches seals etc.

I also have a model C transmission and am looking to find what fluid to put in it

The manual calls for Type A. This stuff is not made any more. Ford Type F or GM Dextron VI are modern substitutes.

The Dextron fluid is a partial synthetic and can be hard on some types of rubber seals. I've put Type F in mine. It has been discontinued and replaced with Mercon V but is still readily available.

Is the boat in your photo a 64 Resorter? I have one with a Ford 260 interceptor.

Mitch.
Wondering if you've run across a source for Dearbomatic transmissions. I have a couple of sources for different transmissions and I'd like to have a way to identify and select one that would be best for a Crandall Super Flyer 20 I'm preparing to build. Any info would be appreciated.
Paul

Back