Logo

89 force 125, throttle wont move in neutral

roostersworld

After i replaced my water pump imeller and reinstalled the lower end of my motor, the shift linkage is somehow out of whack and now when it is in neutral i cannot throttle the motor to warm it up. There is a stop in lower part of the motor that wont allow the trottle linkage to move unless is is up when in gear foreward and down out of the way when in gear reverse.. Any idea what ive done wrong??? Ive never seen a motor that wont throttle in neutral.
Thanks for any help recieved

I just bought a 50 HP Force...that apparently has had the Pivot Screw removed, because my motor won't throttle in neutral either...and the shift is backwards, when I put it in forward the prop turns reverse and when I put it in reverse the prop turns forward..any ideas on what is needed to correct? Thanks!!

When you put it back together,did you have to force anything? Does it shift ok otherwise? http://forums.iboats.com/force-chry...iming-75-150-chrysler-early-force-431021.html This might help? Just changing the impeller shouldn't make any difference. You might have to adjust the nut on top of the shift shaft rod. Unhook the cables.do the Linc/sink and try again. Profile,location? You might be close to someone who can help?
>im having problems with my 125 u.s marine force 1987 not being on neutral. Do you do side jobs on outboard ?. im just to comfortable enough to work on it. Houston Texas is my location.

Oh yea I work on shifter's and just about anything else.
But I'm in Fl. and logistics would be a MF!!

Also they really don't like it when you open a post that's 5 years old.
Start your own post.

Get a factory manual(if possible) they explain the setup and adjustments.
Clymer and Seloc are aftermarket manuals and not anywhere as good but will do if you cant find the factory book..

iboatsdotcom has a Force forum and a few posts on set up and adjusting.
Read the rules and the first 3-4 posts in that forum.
Don't add to anothers post or they also get upset.

Its called a neutral lock/shift lock device. Never run the engine above high idle speed in neutral. It also keeps you from shifting out of gear at high speeds. Revving the engine out of gear tells you absolutely nothing just dont do it you will damage it.

Back