Logo

Lean/Rich plate for Chris Craft?

chrispycraft

$T2eC16V,!yEE9s5jFKT5BRbu-r!oBQ~~60_12.jpg I noticed this on eBay the other day and was curious as to what Chris Craft it went to. Does anyone have any ideas? And what engine it was used for?

I'm fairly certain that Doc and Marty used that on the first Delorean...... but I could be mistaken.

I think it's a front panel from an old outboard engine that ChrisCraft put their name on.... unless CC actually manufactured an outboard.

In the 50's, my grandfather had several outboards for his small fishing boat.... and all of them had the fuel adjustment controls at the front area.

Here's a similar panel.

In one form or another, most all had the adjustments up front like this.

[h=1]A quote from
http://www.chriscraftoutboards.com/

Chris-Craft History[/h] Chris-Craft outboards were made in Grand Rapids Michigan from 1949 through 1953. Approximately 23,000 of the 5.5 horsepower Challenger were made. Starting in late 1950 the Commander 10 horsepower was made with around 9,000 produced by 1953. The early Commanders had many changes and both motors started their numbering at 1,000. The records for the year-to-serial number were not kept, if you want to know more please let me know and I will try to help.

Thanks for the help, guys! I found that it's off of the CC Commander 5.5hp motor. It was a great looking piece so I picked it up for $10. My family has been in the Chris Craft business since 1927, and I was amazed to find that my dad didn't know what it was. But I don't think they ever sold the outboards. I can't wait to let him know what it is.

Send them an email at Doc&[email protected] ;)

Old equipment like this is cool. I used to collect old stuff.... but man... eventually it just becomes too much.
After years of therapy, I've quit collecting!

Last edited:
Back