Logo

2005 BF 150 SCS codes

The bad idle sounds like one similar that I had that was carboned up. Compression was bad. Decarbed and readjusted valve clearances, changed the spark plugs and that took care of it.

Mike

I have ran Yamaha ring free in them and they have fresh gas. I can unhook the A/F sensor and it runs better but the Ohms on it seem Ok. Was wondering if the thermostats not letting the engine get to normal temp would through off the A/F sensor, I have ran them on a hose and the water coming out does not warm up it stays cold. The motors have about 700 Hrs on them.

Hey guys I am new to the forum. I have had this problem with my 06 bf 150's and done all of the same things to try to fix my port motor. I have had no luck at all. It runs great but stalls at idle and shakes bad after startup. Did anybody find a fix for this problem? I would appreciate any and all feedback. Honda dude and Greg sound like they were close to a fix.
Thanks for your input.
Josh
Outermost Angling Charters

Josh - recommend that you start a new thread. You'll get more attention from the 150 owners and Honda techs that way.

Be sure to clearly state what the issue is and what you have done so far to diagnose it.

This is a shout out to anybody who might have this information..
I have a 2005 bf150 with 390 hours of operation and a dual binnacle mounted on my center console Whaler. I need to reset the codes for this motor but there are no buttons to push and the kill switch is a toggle switch hidden up under a small Hood and connected to a removable lanyard. How do I reset the codes on this motor?

Background: I took some water on board in the Pacific Ocean and it quickly got into the gas tank about 1 gallons worth. It wasn't too long until apparently the water sensor triggered a continuous alarm. The sensor is a float located inside a small glass Reservoir in the line before the fuel pump. It took me a few minutes to figure out what the alarm was for and the motor continue to runs for several minutes until it choked a bit and stopped dead. It would not start after that. I have since cleared the water from the gas tank and from the engine and confirmed that I have good gas getting to the cylinders now. However I have confirmed that when I crank the engine the spark for the plugs is absent. I have checked the kill switch and also disconnected one or two of its leads and that does not help the situation. If the lever on the binnacle is out of neutral , of course the engine will not even crank, and that works properly. So I am expecting that the water in the gas condition has triggered the ECM to keep from firing up the motor...thus wanting to reset the code.
The only display I have on this motor is for the hour meter and that also has a small spot for error codes I expect. Where is it explained how to read an error code on one of these visually minimized systems? Also is there a list of codes and their meanings that are available somewhere?

Thanks in advance I'm trying to get this fixed today.

Whalerpaul

[beQQUOTE=hondadude;423955]Yes, the kill switch is the emergency stop switch.

If you have a stop switch that you can push in while the safety landyard is connected, with the shorting plug attached, turn the key switch to on and within 20 seconds...push the stop switch in 5 times slowly. On the last push, you should hear a couple of beeps indicating the codes are cleared. If you have the stop switch that you can not push in with the landyard attached, you will have to remove the landyard and hold the button out with your fingers....turn the key switch to on....then release the button 5 times within 20 seconds. I think you get the idea.

As you probably know, the compression should be at least 200. You are advancing your throttle all the way when you do it, aren't you?

If you are, then the next thing to do is a leak down test to see where your leaks are.

If the valves are out of adjustment or if you have a carboned up engine, that will affect your compression and idle. See this thread....http://www.marineengine.com/boat-forum/showthread.php?407487-2006-Honda-BF135-Rough-Idle

I go over a problem I recently had and how I fixed it. It may or may not work for you.

You have to do the leak down to see where to go next....otherwise, you are just guessing.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Back