Logo

Help !!!! Please !!! Need help real quick !!! Lol!!

bamabassman

HELLO, newbie here. i need some help REAL quick.:eek: i have a 200 hp johnson venom motor and i am trying to find where to disconnect the shaft so i can change out the impeller. it is litterly hanging by the shaft right now. :confused:everything else is off. i watched folks do this on oyutube and have done my brothers (suzuki motor) but for the life of me i can't find MY shaft's bolt. we did my brothers jsut fine. can someone show me a diagram or something? all i need is to know where to disconect the shaft so the foot will come off.

thanks so VERY much in advance. i WILL be here a LOT more now that i found this site.

From the port side, look under the bottom carb. The shift shaft connects there, to an aluminum block / pivot arrangement. There is one 3/8" head screw to remove and the shift shaft will drop out of it's slot in the aluminum block. Support the LU before pulling the screw.
You can also see it moving if you operate the shift mechanism while looking under there. Very easy to get off if you remove the port side cowl.

Back