Logo

Shift rod A and a broken swivel mount

mekurtz6

Have a BF45 Honda that broke a swivel mount from the top, I see in the manuals where shift rod A runs through this and I can feel the top of it in there. My question is how does it connect with the internal shift mechanisms? There is nothing in the manual that shows how to install from the top and what its connected to, just where it connect to rod B on the bottom. Have a new swivel mount on the way, just wondering how likely something with the shift rod A or what it connects to is broken also. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. Have looked at that diagram. After looking some more, I think i'm ok. Should be able to change out the mount without removing shift rod A, unless it is bent or broken of course, but I don't think its broken. If I can get the engine up and down over the new swivel mount I will be ok. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

How did you get the engine off the swivel mount without removing the gear linkage rod? Top and bottom mounts are disconnected but that shifting rod keep me from just pulling it off!

Back