Logo

Still leaking oil

I"ll give it one more shot. If it doesn't work then I'll continue running it like I do now with a large Tupperware container to catch the oil. Pour it back in when I arrive at my destination. She could run like this for years. There shouldn't be any big catastrophic blow out where all the oil would leak out. Down the line I'll re power the boat with 2 new engines,

for diagnostic purpose.....I would open up the fittings that go to the top of your valve covers. then get under way and see if the crankcase pressure being vented through the top of the valve covers has any effect on your oil loss. you have too much pressure in your crankcase. this can only be caused by a bad or weak ring, or a scored piston or cylinder wall.

No fittings. Only PCV valve which is clear and working. Removed valve covers no build up under the PCV VALVE. Oil is filled thru a fill tube in the intake manifold (early chevy style). Has a breather as the cover for the fill tube.

operate it with the fill tube cover open, and periodically place your hand over the fill tube, to see if you can fell pressure build up as the engine revs up.

Back