Logo

gear case clunking bf 90 out of water

squid fishous

I know this a dumb thing but here it go, changed over to different prop after dewinterization if you will.
and of course the cat killer curiosity forced me to put in gear on the trailer,which yes you should not do and usually don"t, and noticed a definate clunking at idle rpm ,now this did not sit well and put stock prop on,same thing, no prop no noise, oil level is ok and clear so its my summation that this noise would be considerd normal because of space on the clutch dogs and no load on the prop allow the prop to"bounce" causing the noise, first Honda ,25 years of omc working against me. just wanna confirm thats what it is,what can i say im nuts:p

Squid - Jeez, after 25 years with OMC's thought you would be used to random clunks, burps, whines, etc. coming out of the power plant. LOL.

thanxs .omcs made so much noise,and fumes and smoke it all sort of blended together in a state of alternate reality ,the honda has been so quiet that an erratic god awful clunk gets noticed,jonnie rudes ,hey if the vro is working your ahead of the game!

Last edited:
Back