Logo

1973 14 hp sears canada ted williams

hritter13

Please Help!

I just bought a 1973 14 HP Sears Canada Ted Williams motor and I decided to check out things before putting it in the water so I removed the prop...shouldn't have done that. When I did the hub fell into about 4 different pieces. The Model# 574-59760 Serial #68601410-1973. So far I haven't been able to find this motor in all the searching I've done...close but not the exact motor. I also checked the sears website (after seeing that here) and put in "574"...a hoover vacuum cleaner came up...one thing I do know is it isn't a vacuum cleaner.

I would really like to know just more about the motor and most importantly I need a hub or the whole prop if that's what it takes to get me on the water...Where can I get parts for this thing!

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Heather

Thanks for the reply's. However, yall confuse me. :confused: One says 1968 and one says 1974. Does the metal placard on the motor with all the information not mean anything...It says 1973. I have read that different parts of the motor can me made by different manufacturers. If this is ths case, what part of the motor does the information pertain too that is actually attached to the motor?

Heather

LOL....Since I asked the question I wasn't going to argue but for the life of me I could not find "1974" in the
links you posted. Thank you again and everyone for the help...I have made contact with some folks that may be able to help me.

Heather

LOL....Since I asked the question I wasn't going to argue but for the life of me I could not find "1974" in the
links you posted. Thank you again and everyone for the help...I have made contact with some folks that may be able to help me.

Heather

Well I am another of the mysterious 1970's Sears Owners. I have a 14 hp registered as a 1974 model,
Identification 646014101173. Can anyone direct me to a part listing diagram for this outboard? Maybe at least for a 1968 McCullogh 14 hp.
Thank You
Charles

Heather

Who? I just acquired my grandfather's old 1969 model 14 Ted Williams and I would like to rebuild the carb and water pump.

google search there are several places that have them. Also the aomci is an excellent source of info and parts. Also Ebay is an excellent source for parts.

Anything mcculloch or sears/ted Williams, I have had to order it from a shop in Wisconsin that bought out most of the parts shops that had remaining original inventory

Back