Logo

Mariner 9.9 cooling problems

motorslooth

I have a 1990 Mariner that hadn't been run for at least 5 years. I got it started without much trouble, great it's running! But it's not pumping water,what now. After some research on line and some phone calls to the marina where i bought it i thought it was the impeller so i bought the new part and put it in. Started it up and still no water coming out. Took it apart again thinking maybe i did something wrong. Everything was right. Put it back together and started it, still no water. Some of the threads i read mentioned a thermostat and some said it did not have a thermostat. I checked out an exploded view of the engine on this website and saw it does have a thermostat. Locating the stat on my engine and the hose running from it to the tell tale i tried to put a wire up the hose,it was blocked. I took the hose off and found it clogged with dry mud prob from one of those mud wasps. I cleared it out real well, put back on,started it and it now it's working fine. I'm real happy it's working but i just wish i had checked that first i could have had it fixed in 10 minutes. I wanted to post this in case anyone else might be having the same problems.

Back