Logo

fuel line for an older honda bf100

guppy

Regular Contributor
Does anybody know where to get a high quality 1/4 inch primer bulb and fuel line? My bf 100 original 1980's fuel line and primer still work but would really like to replace them,have already put on new coupler for engine and a new fuel tank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi
Measure or bring your FUEL LINE to any MARINE PART'S store or any automotive store as long as you tell them the rating THAT IS MARINE QUALITY is what you need!!! The primer bulb will most likly come from a MARINE store.Your old FUEL line will probably have all the code ratings to help you.
Best of Luck
Greg

Or, make your own. Purchase marine grade fuel line, bulb, stainles steel screw clamps, and a new quick disconnect fitting online. Cut the line to the length you need and put it together. Pressure test it to make sure there are no leaks.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Outboard Engine/0/BF100C LA /FUEL TANK + SUB TANK/parts.html
You could use the parts page in the link above for a reference to make a list of things to obtain to make up your own like chawk_man suggests (my choice too) or just order direct from boats.net and save yourself the trouble of running around town.

West Marine stores are pretty prolific and would probably have all the things you need but they are notoriously "pricey".

If you live in a big coastal city like Los Angeles or Boston or something, then there will be marine "chandleries" and hardware stores on the waterfront that will have supplies and beat West Marine prices.

Hope this is thew sort of info you you were looking for.

Good luck and Gday.

Jimmy and all, let me say a few words about West Marine. Yes, they are not the cheapest folks around, but they do have excellent service, and more importantly they stand behind their products. Two years ago I had a West Marine clamp-on rod holder fail and lost over $700 of rod, reel, and braid line overboard. I called them, they had me fill out a claim form, and had a check in the mail in less then 10 days. No hassle, no problems. I was very impressed.

Chawk_man, Nice of you to pay them back with such a glowing testimonial. I have done quite a bit of business with West Marine over the years and, I have to say, I have had no negative experiences with them to speak of and, if you need it NOW, they usually have it.
There's that darned IT again!
...sorry, different thread:)

THANKS FOR ALL THE REPLIES! Unfortunately i live in an area that does not have many marine store locally, happened to be in ventura yesterday and stopped at West Marine, they now carry 1/4 inch primer bulbs and line instore, didnt really care about $, had, needed it, got it. Not bad 6ft line and bulb 30 bucks. Now time to put it together and have some fun

Back