Logo

2003 Marine Power Carberated Heating question

ncf1108

My boat is a 2003 Commander Jet boat with a Marine Power 454 power plant. While running the boat in all types of water temperatures, the boats temperature gauge never gets off cold, (yes the gauge works). I've read numerous articles wherein on some boat a 4-port thermostat design, made by Hardin Marine. Does anyone on this forum have a history or knowledge of this issue that I've described. I'm new to forums, but will search this forum for similar posts........Thanks in advance.

Gauge may work but is it and the sender accurate??? Best thing is to get an IR Thermometer gun and verify it is running cold...next question - is the correct thermostat installed?

Not sure what you asked about the 4 port T-stat...sounds like it is raw water cooled...

It is a raw water cooled system, with correct thermostat for the motor and I've also verified the temp with my IR gun. It runs well below 130 degrees at idle and at speeds. I've read numerous articles of jet boat owners that have added the 4 port housing because of this housing. I figured it can't hurt but the housing instructions are for a Hardin Marine design which the water lines are routed differently than my Marine Power.

130 is too cold, as I'm sure you are aware.

A lot will depend upon how "stock" your cooling system is...I've seen many jet boat setups where they don't use the circulating pump...and the hardin housing looks ideal for them...

Are you using the default Marine Power cooling parts or do you have a (semi-)custom cooling system?

130 is too cold, as I'm sure you are aware.

A lot will depend upon how "stock" your cooling system is...I've seen many jet boat setups where they don't use the circulating pump...and the hardin housing looks ideal for them...

Are you using the default Marine Power cooling parts or do you have a (semi-)custom cooling system?

My system is completely, as you describe it as the default "stock" cooling parts. I'm probably going to utilize the Hardin system, the Marine power hose setup is not the same as the Hardin setup. I've sent an email to Hardin marine the question of how to route the water lines. I've also taken pictures in case they need them to give me a qualified answer. Thanks for the response.

Back