Logo

fuel bleeding on 496 MAG

Kandos

after runnining dry whilst underway I uplifted 10 litres fuel to my Cobalt 220 tank. on hearing the fuel pump pressurize then stop 10 times on turning the key to start resulting in a rough idle that died after 30 seconds. succumbing to a 20 minute tow to the ramp one other attempt to start proved fruitless
a 1 hour on the road with a 24 delay until another start attempt had postive resullts with the engine starting on first crank and no additional bleeding or maintenance and similar noises from the EFI pump.
my query -is there a simple effective bleed method that would negate the delay in restarting as I have described.please provide link or instructions to offset my embarrasment if it were to happen again
Regards

There is a very simple way to bleed your fuel system, At the front top of the engine is a manifold bleed valve, looks like your cars A/C service valve, using rags placed around the valve, turn ing switch to on position don't start, depress the valve core to bleed air from the system, Repeat several times untill air is gone,

If you run your fuel tank dry as he did, the only way to restart the engine is to remove the fuel filter and manually fill it with fuel and reinstall it As bondo said above.

The low pressure electric fuel pump on this system will not suck fuel, it is a pusher pump.

Back