Logo

Compression 90psi all 3?

spennyman

I have a 1987 DT55 has like 10hrs on it, then it set since 89……… ran compression test on it last night 90psi all three
cylinders is that bad or will it be better once started and ran? Only ran compression test on it haven’t started it. What do you guys think. Also a bought the compression tester at harbor tools freight what are the chances all three read exactly the same

Also going to change the impeller today anyone have a tips or diagram for this motor

Last edited:
The fact that all 3 cylinders are the same means that you need NOT worry about that part of the motor !------------Visit --browns point marine ----for parts blow-up of your motor.----------------They were wiped out by " Sandy " but are now back up and running.

Racerone with pugs out i still get an even 90 across the board, just turned over easier. Finally got it started up had to rebuild the carbs, what a mess the insides were from sitting since 1989. IMAG0194.jpg

Leaving fuel in carburetors is one of the biggest mistakes made with outboard motors.-----Always run fuel out of carburetors when done boating.

Ok she is running good i did replace water pump, water is only coming out the exhaust alot of it but none through the pee hole??? did i do something wrong gauge says water is ok

Some motors are shy and do not " pee " well on a hose.-----------But the hose often plugs up with debris / mud / weeds .---------Remove hose from the block and blow it out.

Back