Logo

******milky oil in crusader 502xli******

lugnutdan

Contributing Member
Just rebuilt crusader 1996 502 xli tbi,installed 45 psi,new risers,let for 2 months,came back oil looks like chocolate milk????WTF:(
drained oil new filter filled with cheap 30 wieght oil.testing u cooler tommorow.
Can someone please tell me how flush this engine in the correct manner.

You're doing it. Be sure to replace the filter each time, and keep replacing the oil until it clears up.

Any idea where the water came from?

Jeff

jeff Igot this engine back in november ,new risers evrythng gone thru,the u-cooler looked good ,went FL for 2 months came back and last monday
went into the engien room
started gen,started starboad good,checked the oil on the rebuild ,chocalate milk,started right up,I ran for 2 min ,and now looks like a milk shake ,
drained oil replaced oil filter and took u-cooler off too pressure check today??????
Hear someone say they flushed a couple times with diesl???,Im thinking cheak plugs and see if theres rust?? maybe that would be a riser issue.
there FWC 502xli I believe the only place it could have gooten in was the u-cooler or rises,thinking about squirting a marveles mystery oil in each cyclinder????
I dont know any suggestions on what eles I should do is appreciated ,I got about 5000.00 in this engien and dont what to loose it.

Back