Logo

Boat trailer

TINMAN778

I have 22' trophy w/a & c/c twin 125 force the boat came with
bunk trailer , the trailer needs work i want switch to a roller
trailer can someone tell me if i can switch to a roller trailer
or do i have to use bunk trailer

I've used both. I like the simplicity of the bunks.You can switch to a roller trailer if you want.I don't like them cause=The rollers can fall off and then you can't unload without scrapping a hole in the side. Or maybe it's not really set up right and it can be a bugger to load/unload. The bunk trailer you just drive it on and float it off. I have an 88 21 with twin/85's it has a tandem axel with bunks.I just rebuilt it about 2 years ago. About $300 to fix it. Profile/location?? You might be close to someone who can help?

Cabelas sell some easy slides that can go on your runners on bunk trailers if that is the reason for considering rollers...the ones in their catalog now are the slides and the bunk enders are sold separate..the kit that i got from them 5-6 years ago had them both... they go on top of the carpet and work well and makes loading easier....you have to get used to them while launching though if you use a steep landing because the boat is coming off the trailer much easier also....i replaced all the wood runners and carpet at the same time and the carpet seems to be holding up better with them...but i probably put a better grade of carpet than the original...

Back