Logo

Torque Specs for intake manifold

I am looking for the torque specs for the intake manifold for a 1960 40 HP LarkII. I have the Seloc manual and I have the original Evinrude engine manual, but cant find the specifications anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I need the torque specs for the screw that attaches the reeds to the reed plate, and then the intake manifold onto the crankcase. I also removed the bleeder valve and installed a new reed in there so I need a torque spec for the 2 screws that hold the read and read stop onto the bleeder valve plate. Then I'll need the torque specs for the bleeder valve bolts. Finally does the carburetor have torque specs for installation to the intake manifold studs? There one small table in the Seloc manual that does specify general torque specs for certain size bolts should I just be using that as the guideline? Thanks so much for any direction and help.

There are many screws, bolts, nuts, that we really don't bother with the torque specifications... the ones you mention included.

However... in the torque section of the service manuals, you'll find torque specifications for the various miscellaneous screws, bolts , nuts, listed by their thread sizes such as 1/4x20 etc. That's the section where you'll find the specs.

Ok, thanks. I'll use the table outlining the torque guidelines based on bolt size. Sometimes the most frustrating thing is not knowing what I don't know. Now I know. You know? :) Thanks again.

Back