Logo

Thread: electric choke

Default electric choke

on my 1977 evinrude 25 hp model#25702s. wouldit have come with a electric choke?.i see no place to put a electric choke the carb is not set up for one as shown in the carb parts break down..could the carb have been changed? or is it just not suposed to have one.

suposed to snow a little bit tonight....winter time and retired just dont mix...thanks for any help

Default Re: electric choke

The remote electric start kit for 77 had a provision for electric choke that was installed on the carburetor.------------If need be you can likely install one of the newer electric primers.-----They are easy to install and are a better set-up for near instant starting.

i thank u for this information..where would i look for one of those newer electric primers?.thanks again

These primers were used on almost all OMC electric start motors since 1980 or so.----Most dealers might have used ones around. ----E-bay is a good scource as well.-----Needs a bit of work with hoses to install one.

my local dealer wont sell anything used. i will look around the web for one and hope i can aford one..LOL

thanks kimcrwbr1 u are the man. i am going to bid on the carb..no my carb does not have the cradle on it for a choke. if i understand you all i would need to do is change the float bowl and the jet and wire it up. wow this is great..i wonder if someone down the line has changed carbs because i took the carb off when i got the boat and it was as clean on the inside as it was on the outside. the float was out of adjustment pretty bad and i put a new needle and seat in it..thanks again

if i put the 35 hp card on my 25 hp with out changing the jet what will that do to the performance..just wondering..thanks

The 35 carb will not run well on a 25 hp powerhead.
    The Electric start 25 remote came with a elec choke, the 25 tiller elec or manaul tiller came with a manual choke that was activated by a triangle knob thru the lower motor cover.
    If you are going to use this as a tiller model I would look for the origional linkage, its easy to install and no future issues.