Logo

85 Yami pro V 150 4 stroke - no water out of weep hole

1 John Jay

Last Aug I winterized eng (fogged, flushed, and stabalized fuel). Boat sat in my yard 6 mos ( Aug - Feb). Started eng this morning, after bout 3 mins I noticed there was no water comming out of the weep hole. Shut eng down, checked eng to weephole hose (not clogged), turned the water pressure up a little, and restarted eng. Still no water. I paid $400.00 last spring to have carbs cleaned because I didn't winterize. What did I do wrong this time and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

What do you mean by weep hole? The little hole in the side of the gearcase, which is a water drain? Do you mean it will not pee from the tell tale? If that is the case then try two things. Take off the screens where you put the flushers and try again. Put it either in the water at your launch site or in a bucket and try it again. Yamahas are notice for overheating on the flushers, even though the water pumps are operational.

yes, there's no water comming out of the tell tale pee hole. I will try it in a large trash can. Should I be worried bout running it for three or four mins with no water commimg out of pee hole?

I would recommend that run in that trash can first. If you have water flow. No problem, either keep using the trash can or try removing the screens as I suggested before, and see what you get. If it doesn't pee, then get a small wire and jangle that thing up in the pee hole or use compressed air, mind keep an eye on the temperature or put a hand on the heads to ensure you are getting waterflow, you just can't see it until you clear the obstruction.

Back