Logo

odd revving noise at wot '96 force

joshbaird

Hello,
I have a 1996 force 75hp outboard and the last few times I've ran it when running full throttle it makes a revving sound almost like the prop is coming out of the water but its not and its definitely not over trimmed and it doesn't seem to be spiking on the tachometer either. Also if it helps it will make this sound for a second then stop for a few then start again it does that a few times then will run without making the sound for a few miles then does the same thing all over again.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Sounds like the hub is spinning in the prop?? Undo the nut and washers, Put a line across the rubber hub. Go for a ride and see if it does it. If it does,then check the line you drew. If it's moved then it needs to be re-hubbed.

Sounds like the hub is spinning in the prop?? Undo the nut and washers, Put a line across the rubber hub. Go for a ride and see if it does it. If it does,then check the line you drew. If it's moved then it needs to be re-hubbed.
I'll have to try that Jerry a lot the the research I've done has suggested a problem with the prop. Problem is we currently have over a foot of ice on the water but that will give me something to try when it gets a little warmer. thanks for the help everyone

Just get the neighborhood kids to start chopping!!!Tell them you wanna go ice ski'n. You might get a few burnout's to help:) Update your profile. Location?

Back