Logo

Help IDing Engine

Slackwater

I'm looking for a source for the correct part drawings and owners manual for my Crusader Engine. The engine is in a 1975 wooden Chesapeake Deadrise Workboat. I believe this is the second engine to be in this boat. Can anyone help me identify the correct manual and parts list based on the following description as there seems to be some inconsistencies in what I see?

- engine has a tag on the valve cover that says Crusader serial no. 098555. Which I think makes the engine a 1995 or 6
- another label says Crusader Champion 305/350/350HT
- the plastic carburetor cover says Crusader Champion Series Model 350 CID
- engine is painted red
- exhaust manifolds say Volvo Penta
- fresh water cooled with heat exchanged mounted on top front of engine
- raw water pump is a Johnson F6B-9
- there are two belts on the engine, one on the pump and one on the alternator
- transmission is a Velvet Drive AS 7-71 C

also left over from original engine, I believe:
- instrument panel says ThermoElectron Engine Co. On it
- the rear bell housing of the engine has a tag that says Thermo Electron Engine Co serial no. 20257 model GH270LH

is there an online source for the parts info, manual, specifications, etc for this engine.

Thanks for any help.

You have what I'd call a "cluster" and you won't find a single manual that has all of your existing parts because of it...that said, it may not be too hard to find most of what you want.

Regarding the bulk of what you are looking for, check the "Boat Motor Manuals" link at the top of the page...Our host here at ME.com has the factory manuals and a serial number lookup (Crusaders) to verify.

Its quite likely that you have a base Crusader 350 CID engine with the bolt-ons selected from what was readily available at the time...some of these may be from other OEMs (the VP exhausts) and others may be aftermarket (Johnson pump).

Back