Logo

Chrysler 120HP, upper motor mounts

Wayne Quick

1207HD Had to replace the front leg cover and King Pin. Upper motor mounts rubber delaminated and bolts siezed in power head. I'll take "any" suggestions as to how to remove mounts and proper procedure to install King Pin.

Motor mount is not the mount of engine to boat, but power head to front leg cover, sorry

Last edited:
Usually it's a BIG job. It might take a torch,actl/oxy kind. To remove the bolts,spray PB BLaster(I think it works best) and let it set and repeat spraying every couple hours for 2-3 days. hen heat and tap with a hammer/punch and try turning. Profile, location? You might be close to someone who can help.

Usually it's a BIG job. It might take a torch,actl/oxy kind. To remove the bolts,spray PB BLaster(I think it works best) and let it set and repeat spraying every couple hours for 2-3 days. hen heat and tap with a hammer/punch and try turning. Profile, location? You might be close to someone who can help.

Thanks for the help. I was lucky, all fasteners came out easily except the two small bolts holding the water tube. Parts on order and engine, lower leg being cleaned ready to put back together.
icon7.png

Back