Logo

BF250 triple engine installation with (NMEA 2000) Garmin GPS

wajira

Regular Contributor
I Have installed BF250 triple engine with Garmin GPS,so ones we try to configure engine data on the gps display it doesn't worked.we have all the correct connection with NMEA 2000 network,and it is showing all the connected devices along with Engine Identification numbers,but i cant configure all 3 engines data (taco,trim,speed)in one display with three different gauges,it is showing only 1 engine data at a time,anyone can advice how to setup this NMEA2000 network and how to configure the display, BF250 triple engine. from the Garmin side also they tried according to gpg 4000 user manual but doesn't work.

Never having set any of these up....it does sound like the engines are putting out what they are supposed to.

It sounds like the trouble is on the Garmin end of it. The owner's manual does not look very clear to me for set up. I would recommend calling Garmin directly. Just like a computer....if you do not tell it what it is looking for, it will just sit there and look at you.

Mike

even dual engine also same happen we already inform to Garmin, single engines no problem its working fine,and anyone knows how this NMEA network works? same Yamaha smart gauges,customers are interesting in that coz it is smarter than 5 normal gauges.

wajira

finally we got the answer from Honda japan,the multiple engine connect in the NMEA network has to be configure using Dr.H ,the new version of Dr.H got that configure setup system,

so anybody going do this type of installation use the Dr.H.

thanx

finally we got the answer from Honda japan,the multiple engine connect in the NMEA network has to be configure using Dr.H ,the new version of Dr.H got that configure setup system,

so anybody going do this type of installation use the Dr.H.

thanx

I have the same problem with the BF150 twin. Could you please explain me a little more how to fix that problem?

just explain me to what NMEA device using and what problem you are having? only thing if devises are compatible with NMEA network, you have to set the engine instance number 1 and 2 for each engine using Dr.H new version.

Hi, In my Garmin GMI10 (I have two GMI10 and one 720s) my engines are year 2012.

List of devices attached to the network:

Gmi10 foto 1_resized.jpg

BF150 Engine Description id 104338:
Gmi10 foto 2_resized.jpg

BF150 Engine Description id 104378:
Gmi10 foto 3_resized.jpg

Now, in the engines section I have only one engine in display.
Gmi10 foto 4_resized.jpg

Final result:
Gmi10 foto 5_resized.jpg

Thank you

Yes, Mr. josman your network is fine both the engines are recognized no problem with the connection,only things is you have to contact Honda dealer and get the Diogenes tool which called Dr.H with latest version and do the settings of engine instance number,if you need i will send you proceeds of setup but dealer should have it. then you can set up your garmin as you need any display layout,i had fixed same device with Honda 250 its working fine. once done that instance number setup everything will be ok,Coz now your garming software can't identified which engine is the port or (1st ) stb(2nd). So do it first and go further.

thank you.

Hi and thank you for helping. Yes, do you can send me proceeds of setup? My dealer is contacting Honda to get the latest version of the program.

Other images with the GPSMAP 720s:

List of devices attached to the network:
GPSMAP720s foto 1.jpg

I have only one engine in display in the engines section.
GPSMAP720s foto 2.jpg

yes i will try to get it by tomorrow, do one thing off one by one engines and see after off one engine other engine detail should can see. so like that individually engine detail should display,if its work like that it mean both the engines are communicating with devise,so make sure that. can you send me one pic of backbone(Bus bar ) all the connection.

one more thing always you are power on the network did you notice the engine serial number is same(in 2nd pic) coz first time its same happen to me also always 1 engine only but serial number is not same all the time.its changing when power off and ON.I hope you have user manual for Garmin GPS,just follow that for GPS settings.

ill send you Dr.H devise config setup proce.

thanx

wajira

Hi, I can test this in next weekend, my boat is in another city. I remember see an engine in the display (figure 5), I turn off this engine and now I had in the display the other engine. This is the scheme that I used to connect the network.

Red NMEA2000.jpg

Thank you again

Hi,If installation done according to that fig it is OK and IMG-20130523-00426.jpgIMG-20130523-00427.jpgIMG-20130523-00428.jpgIMG-20130523-00429.jpg If both engines detail shows separately its mean your network installing is perfect,no problem with all connection,so only thing do this Using Dr.H,someone who know how to use Dr.H it is very easy process before start it get this detail with you

1.Both the engine frame number
2.Dealer name
3.Dealer Number
4.Dr.H serial number

then follow the instruction.

Hi,actually i dnt think so you need latest version coz just 2 month before they have gave new version update,if your engines can diagnos with present version it should can do that setup also,once you try and see,we had Dr.H version problem coz its new BF250. anyway i can send you new update,if you can send me your mail ID.

thnx

Hi, excellent friend, everything worked without problem. Thank you for your help. the use of the DrH really was very simple. Garmin should put that information in the manuals. Some pictures and a video (put 720pHD quality). regards

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I sent an email to Garmin:

".......Hi, the multiple Honda engines connect in the NMEA network has to be configure using Dr.H; was simply program the instance number. All Honda engines come from the factory with the same instance number. If we use multiple engines must set the instance numbers (0,1,2,3....etc). See attached the Manual Section. Garmin should put that information in the manuals..........."

DrH_manual_01.jpg
DrH_manual_02.jpg
DrH_manual_03.jpg
DrH_manual_04.jpg

Thank you again...

Great Fnd,i am really happy. I am working in United Arab Emirates (Dubai) Honda Dealer,If you need any information regarding your Honda engines let me know, this is my e-mail [email protected] (wajira rangana)

thnx for reply.

thank you

Back