Logo

1990 Tiara 33 open exhaust muffler noise

contender31

Regular Contributor
Hello does anyone know where one can find the inline exhaust muffler for a 1990 tiara 33 open, mine appears to have gone bad - the starboard engine is much loader then the port. Any ideas or suggestions? the entire exhaust system including the manifolds, elbows and risers have just been replaced with 0 hrs on them. Note the heads were just rebuilt as well

Thanks in advance

I guess it would be the original one installed from the factory. Just trying to throw it out there to see if anyone has any experience with this problem

what do they look like?

There aren't that many different sources for marine mufflers and they are fairly easy to distinguish...

This may be stating the obvious but inboard exhaust will get loud if there is inadequate cooling water flowing thru the system. If not that try calling Centeck and they may be able to help you. They make a lot of oem exhaust components.

Right! Found that out when I put the pump hoses on assbackwards.

Is she pumping water good on that side?

Jeff

plenty of water flow and temperature at normal levels of 160 - I did contact centek thanks sent them a picture of the muffler and have not heard back as yet. The muffler had a rattle in it for at least a year now so perhaps something let loose after I installed the new exhaust and raw water pump. The water flow is considerably greater now so perhaps the increased flow of water finally let the loose part go. I am not familiar with the inner components of marine mufflers so I Have no idea what part could potentially come loose?? is anybody familiar with the inner components of these mufflers?

Thanks

The older square or rectangular box looking mufflers that they used on Silverton’s were baffled. This caused the exhaust to always be wet, the baffles were one from top of muffler down and one from bottom up. This was a welded 11ga steel set up that rusted out fairly easy. I have seen replacement made out of stainless by local fab shops.

Back