Logo

Cylinder head for Tohatsu M2.5A

Jeffmckay

Anyone know where I can locate a cylinder head for my Tohatsu M2.5A (Serial # 88795)? The part # is 314010010M and I am told it is obsolete. If any one has a new or good used cylinder head that will fit please let me know. Just to confirm, this is a gray engine.

That is a very common motor , it is marketed under different names.----Try looking for it under say -Johnson outboard spare parts.-------Not much can go wrong with the head unless it is broken or stripped spark plug hole ?

Racerone,
Followed your advise. Evinrude 2hp model E2WRSSC looks the same in the parts drawing. Any thoughts?
I'm sure glad I found this forum as I was getting frustrated.

Repairing motors is very easy.----These motors are marketed with different paint and decals.---Take the broken parts to the dealer where you are spending your money.-------There are only a few places left that will help people.

Thanks again for the advise. You are right, these are very simple engines. Getting the old head off was a struggle but I was able to do it. I'll get with a local shop before I order the parts.

Back