Logo

Carb. Question

DANO393

Have a 2010 20 h.p. Honda. There are 2 copper tubes inside the bowl. One is beside the accelerator pump and the other is accross from it. Question. Is the one on the otherside factory sealed or do i have a blockage.

If you are talking about the tube in the middle, it is an idle jet and should not be sealed. See #15 http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...r/BF20DK0 LHA /CARBURETOR (MANUAL)/parts.html The one that is on the side is a fuel feeder tube used in starting the engine (that is not removable).

The picture is of a manual start carb but the concept is the same for the electric start versions.

That center tube feeds fuel to the top part of the carb for idle and transition, etc. The passage is very very small and plugs easily.

Mike

Its not the center one. It is on the side but not the one going to the (s.e.) valve. There is one more tube in there. This is the one im trying to find out about

Sorry. It is the primary fuel jet. It should not be plugged. It is also very small and only allows a small amount of fuel through it.

Mike

O.k. I'll take it back off and see if i can't unstop this thing. I just was'nt sure and did'nt want to force anything up it and screw it all up....

Back