Logo

Permanently remove internal tank on 4hp Nissan?

dmede

I have the 4stroke, 4hp Nissan outboard with internal tank. I run the motor exclusively on an external tank and am looking to install the ConTrollKing remote throttle which only works with non internal tank motors.

Is it possible to pull the internal tank without disrupting the fuel flow form the external? Do I just need to close off the line from the internal tank? I want to make sure I'm not creating s fire risk by doing this.

Thanks,
David

That would work fine. But the remote throttle should work anyway, as long as there's enough space for the servo. The NSF 4/5/6 motors are all the same mechanically, with the exception that some of the 4 hp motors have a valve that is used to turn off the internal fuel tank. You could just close the valve.

That would work fine. But the remote throttle should work anyway, as long as there's enough space for the servo. The NSF 4/5/6 motors are all the same mechanically, with the exception that some of the 4 hp motors have a valve that is used to turn off the internal fuel tank. You could just close the valve.

Thanks. Yeah its the space that's the problem. The servo goes where the tank connects to the head so it has to be removed to make it work.

Not a problem. You can plug the fuel line that originally ran to the integral tank, or you can just delete all the parts (valve, tee fitting, etc.) that connected the integral tank to the rest of the fuel system, leaving you with the incoming fuel lines, and fuel filter, connected to the fuel pump.

Back