Logo

Help pls Tohatsu M40D forward controls ???

Gav

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2002 tohatsu 2 stroke M40D with around 90hrs on it and is still in mint condition.

I have it attached to a zodiac rib, 15ft. Vandals got in to my storage garage and they did a real number on the jockey seat cut my wiring harness to my controller and bent the handle smashed the trim switch on top of the controller arm.

I bought a new Jockey seat two days ago , I was wanting advice on a new controller unit. the ignition the kill switch could I remove them install them into my new Jockey console face and install a ultraflex b184 side control box. any advice on this mod would be mostly appreciated, I have been having a a hard time finding a replacement. I am having a drama getting a new wiring harness also unless i just rejoin it.:eek:

Your Help input and suggestions would be mostly appreciated.:)

If you want to stay with a side control, being a dealer, we would use the Factory RC box, or repair the Factory box with some parts. Here are the Factory parts, available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me:

The Factory control, complete, with cord, is 3ACQ843300, REMOTE CONTROL BOX (RC5A) MFS8-30B W/PTT, $393.47 msrp.
The cord within the box is 3A3761151M, CORD ASSY B (20 FT.), $152.04 msrp.
The TT switch for the handle is 3A3725600M, SWITCH ASSY, PTT, $45.85 msrp.
The cover for that switch is 3A3725910M, SWITCH COVER, $6.13 msrp.
The lever for the control (only available in dark blue) is 3B7Q843430, CONTROL LEVER (AMB), $56.81
The plastic cover on the lever is 3A3844040M, GRIP, $17.17 msrp.
If you have an "extension" cable between the control box and the motor, the replacement part is 3A3761140M, EXTENSION CORD (2 METERS), $93.24 msrp.

Thanks Paul that is great , I really appreciate your input, Paul the extension cord ??, I didn't know you could buy one., My current wire harness that these idiots cut was about 14 ft in total, so Yes new harness The tilt switch i will have to replace along with the harness the red cover that replaces the tilt switch, Paul the grey rubber piece is also missing just below the tohatsu symbol beneath the circular hub can I purchase one of them aswell?? .

If you can let me know that would be great and if I have to purchase from you in Buffalo I will thanks again tomorrow Paul i go over to the storage unit and get some photos of it will send you through some pictures of the unit and show you the damage the controller arm is straight just the the red backing and tilt switch and harness lead and grey piece as I explained.

Thanks Again
Gav

If you need the plastic cover that goes below the lever, you would order 3A3844290M, WIRE COVER, $3.13.
The "block-out" plug that fits into the handle in place of the TT switch is 3A3844520M, PLUG, TILT SWITCH, $4.87
The overall cap that retains that plug and the TT switch is 3A3844510M, FINISHER, TILT, $9.75

You can send me photos at the office: [email protected]
If you need to call, dial 716-877-8221 M-F, 9-5 (eastern), Sat 9-4. I will be in the office today (Monday) 9-noon, and Wednesday all day (winter hours).

Back