Logo

blower help.

84 centurion

i got a 1984 ski centurion with the 351w. end a last summer the blower took a crap on stopped workin. i was wondering if anyone knew where the blower itself is located i have looked all over online but cant seem to find a diagram or a direct answer. thanks

Find the blower exiting vent on the boat hull, Climb in the engine room and work your way back. White or black dryer vent may be connected to it if it is still there.

i got a 1984 ski centurion with the 351w. end a last summer the blower took a crap on stopped workin. i was wondering if anyone knew where the blower itself is located i have looked all over online but cant seem to find a diagram or a direct answer. thanks

Ayuh,... You'll have Alot better luck, searchin' all over the Boat, insteada the internet...

You'll find it in-line with the vent hoses....

If you end up replacing the blower motor, treat yourself to a squirrel cage style blower motor.
These will outperform and outlast the in-line or Turbo style.
They run nice and quietly, and seem to last for years when taken care of.

may54154.jpg

I'd suggest saying NO to this style. They are noisy, and live a rather short life.
I have a friend who owns and operates a Marine Salvage yard. He will not sell a good used Turbo style blower because he knows that it will be returned inside of a week or so. For the $10 bucks that one will bring, he says it's not worth it.

Attachments

• Inline Turbo blower motors.jpg
    Inline Turbo blower motors.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 59
Back