Logo

changing gauges on tohatsu M140a2

costa costa

hello i want to change the Multi-purpose meter on my tohatsu the difficult part is to found what is the color of the wire I have to use as sender to the tachometer and trim gauge ....if anyone knows it will be great help for me thank you .

First and foremost, you should have a Factory service manual, Part # 003-21036-1, $45.00, available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me. That will have all the color codes you need. Then... understand that the Yellow and White wires are the tach sender lines. I would discourage trying to use an aftermarket tach. It may or may not work properly. But... The original, obsolete, Factory unit, 3C7726461M, MULTI PURPOSE METER ASS'Y, $447.18 msrp (ouch), is not in stock in the US. Not listed as NLA, but it might be a while (months) before one comes available.

thank you Paul for the answer I have the factory manual but it is got the wiring for the multi purpose unit and I can t fig our out what wire I should use to my aftermarket taho and trim ....you gave me yellow and white I can use any of these ? From the trim sender comes 4 wires do you know which I should use?
(the part number of my service manual is 033-21022-0)

The alternator sender is white. You will need an appropriate trim gauge, as it is not merely a 1-wire system. Again, reviewing the service manual will reveal the nuances. If those are daunting to you , see your local, factory-trained dealer for assistance. If you can't locate a Grecian dealer, maybe we can help.

First and foremost, you should have a Factory service manual, Part # 003-21036-1, $45.00, available from any Tohatsu/Nissan dealer, including me. That will have all the color codes you need. Then... understand that the Yellow and White wires are the tach sender lines. I would discourage trying to use an aftermarket tach. It may or may not work properly. But... The original, obsolete, Factory unit, 3C7726461M, MULTI PURPOSE METER ASS'Y, $447.18 msrp (ouch), is not in stock in the US. Not listed as NLA, but it might be a while (months) before one comes available.

Hi, I'm chasing one of these Manuals, can you MP me a price inc delivery to QLD Australia please.

Cheers

Tony

Back