Logo

1968 Thunderbolt, 115 hp - water jacket leakage ??

Merc460

looking for lower water jacket piece to replace one that has rotted out. also looking for a drawing of the individual pieces of the motor so it can be taken apart properly. trying to discover if there is a source of possible damage
Thanks
James

We need to start this discussion with the fact that a 115 HP was not marketed in 1968.-------Serial # and picture would be a good start.---Picture of where it leaks as well.

Thanks Racerone,
Serial# 3366526P1130398.jpgP1130399.jpg
Leak is in water jacket below bottom cylinder, a couple of holes..can this be replaced?
I have searched for a schematic of the motor on the net but haven't found one yet. hoping it can be tig welded.
any thoughts.
thanks
James
P1130402.jpg
P1130403.jpgP1130404.jpgP1130406.jpg

The motor appears to be a 1972 model.----You can find all the parts breakdowns at ----mercruiserparts.com------Or right here on this site as well.----Top of this page you click on " parts "----Hard to tell from the picture , maybe all you need is a new gasket between engine and exhaust housing.

Last edited:
by powerhead do you mean the block above the water jacket, or just the head plate that covers the pistons (where the spark plugs are located.
I would really like to find an expanded view of the engine so I know what I'm getting into and how to get the outer covers off.
thanks for your replies.
James

Post # 4 should lead you in the right direction for the pictures of the parts.---Have you not looked into that ???

Those motors are basically the same year to year. So if you look it up that should give you the information you need.

Have you looked under the 1150 model ?????----------Those motors are basically the same year to year. So if you look it up that should give you the information you need.

Back