Logo

Building 23' Catamaran

Hi guys,
I am considering powering my new with 2X 50TLDI motors. As I am putting in the underfloor conduits now, I'm wondering if any of you kind gentlemen would have pictures, dimensions of the wiring looms and control cables (especially the big ends) so I can make sure I have sufficient size.

Also, I'm getting the story here that Tohatsu no longer ships with the extra long (25") leg. The dealer says he has to order the part$ and build that version by hand. Are you hearing this in the US? (American expatriot living in Sydney)

Steve
If you're interested, here's a build link on an Aussie Fishing Site http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?182144-Building-23-catamaran.-Build-updates/page1

Steve,

The control cables are standard Morse-type cables. The power cord is a duplex 6 or 8 gauge cable. The RC power cabling is nothing unusual, but you will want to allow enough space for the connectors, same as any other OB motor.

In the US, the stock motors up to 75 HP are available in either short or long (except for some small sail boat motors), until you get to the higher HP units. 90's and up come either Long or Ultra-Long. You can get a kit to extend the housing if needed.

The power cord is a duplex 6 or 8 gauge cable.

Hi Paul, Just to confirm, you are saying the cables that go to the battery are supplied as part of the wiring loom? Are they separate? ie can I take the battery cables up the port sponson and the rest up the starboard?
Thanks,
Steve

Back