Logo

Identification Help

KapteinK

Hi All,

I would really like some assistance in identifying the engine - only way i can get the boats age - and im struglling with the methods as nothing corresponds to what i have - I've felt like I have exhausted Google even tried the serial nr on the Penta site to no avail. All Basic info on the boat is that its a Glastron 175
20121123_142240crop.jpg
PROD NR:3857493
TYPE: LB 30L
SN:0000004816

Maybe I have the wrong plaque ?

Thanks!

the last 2 numbers of the hull ID # are the year of manufacture.
Hull ID # is embossed into the fiberglass starboard side just above rub rail.

LB 30L is a "Long Block 3.0L", which means that's a replacement engine in your boat - not the original motor

Thanks - It Helps - The plaque looks like its been sprayed over :(
Ive got another plaque:
PROD:3858404
Type: SX-C1
sn: 4111569767

All Basic info on the boat is that its a Glastron 175

Ayuh,... Like Hystat said, look at the upper starboard side of the transom, 'n get the Hin # from it,...

The last 2 digits is the Year...

Is the engine serial number not available? If you find this, go here and click on "Engine Identification".
There should be additional alpha characters following the 3.0L If you find this, go here.

Agree..... this would be a GM 3.0L engine and would definitely be a post 1994 package, and would be a Volvo Penta Gimbal system drive, not an AQ series.

What info are you after?

Thank for the info - well tackle that Hull ID tomorrow - I want to buy it - but I want to get the year info first just to make sure i'm not being ripped a new one.

Thank for the info - well tackle that Hull ID tomorrow - I want to buy it - but I want to get the year info first just to make sure i'm not being ripped a new one.

Employ the services of a good qualified Marine Surveyor!

It just may prove to be money well spent, no matter which way it goes.

Like Ricardo says get a mechanic/surveyor to look at it.Profile?? Location? You might be close to someone who can help????

Back