Logo

Fiberglass use question

2new2know

I'm helping my father n' law repair an older boat that hewants to restore. I was put in charge of finding 20 yards of fiberglass. Idon't know much about exactly what I want but I did a search on E-bay and foundhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/BGF-1581-FIBERGLASS-CLOTH-60-WIDE-VOLAN-FINISH-BLUE-TRACERS-AEROSPACE-MARINE-/170942435601?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item27ccf69111&vxp=mtr(just search BGF 1581) which is sold by BGF industries (style 1581) 60"wide fiberglass cloth, 8 harness satin weave, 8 oz. with a Volan finish thatworks with epoxy resins. As of November 19th 2012 it's selling for $2.95/yard.This seems like a really good price so I just want to make sure it is strongenough and if the Volan finish is what I'm looking for. Any help anyone canoffer would be so appreciated! Thanks.

check out these guys fiberglasssupplydepot.com or give them a call 772-464-0808 they really know there stuff and they have good pricing and all sorts of different matts and cloths. Danny is awesome when it comes to advice for your rebuild. He helped me with a 30ft scarab rebuild. from stringers to deck to transom everything was replaced on this boat and looks beatiful so far View attachment 6090 not yet finished but getting there.

Back