Logo

Looking for closeup picture of remote control cables on Johnson 88 HP

J

jerryny

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the shift and throttle linkage cables. I'm looking to see how they are mounted to the bracket on the air silencer. The motor is a Johnson 88 HP SPL(J88MSLCUS). Thanks in advance for any help given.

Possibly I'm not understanding the question. There is a dual tunnel like fitting at the lower starboard side of that carburetor face plate bracket. The trunions of the control cables simply sit within those tunnel like holes. A plate sits over top of the trunions which is retained by one small bolt. Am I understanding the question properly?

Possibly I'm not understanding the question. There is a dual tunnel like fitting at the lower starboard side of that carburetor face plate bracket. The trunions of the control cables simply sit within those tunnel like holes. A plate sits over top of the trunions which is retained by one small bolt. Am I understanding the question properly?

Yes you are understanding my question correctly. By trunnions you mean the brass looking part of the cable right before the plastic adjustment wheels?? Thank you for helping

The plastic " wheel " sits in the bracket and a simple plate holds them in.-----If you do not have that piece then one could be made from say plastic / steel / aluminum or even a piece of plywood.

The plastic adjustment wheel (trunion) is what should be sitting in those tunnel like holes. This would allow the cable to be lengthened or shortened as needed to obtain a proper adjustment.

The plastic adjustment wheel (trunion) is what should be sitting in those tunnel like holes. This would allow the cable to be lengthened or shortened as needed to obtain a proper adjustment.

thank you for your help. I got the cables installed today. Just waiting for spring.

Back