Logo

water in oil for 2.5 hp four stroke

latest problem for my suzuki 2.5 hp four stroke. water is leaking into the oil pan when running. have replaced the upper oil seal but no joy. checked for cracks or leaks from cooling system but can't see anything. any suggestions would be welcome.

the problem was the crankshaft seal. i had replaced the drive shaft seal and the crankshaft seal was less than a year old but it was leaking water into the crankcase. now no more water in the oil. but expecting more problems soon.

No need to add lead at all !------If you want the motor to outlast you then add a little extra oil to the fuel ( 40:1 )--------------One of the weak points on those motors is the lower unit.---They can not tolerate water in them.----Use a premium gear oil in the lower unit.-Replace waterpump impeller if you do not know how old it is and every 5/6 years after that.

Last edited:
In an effort to not open a new thread. I searched and came across this thread. I recently aquired a 2011 2.5DF four stroke. The oil is milky, i have flushed and refilled the oil twice. Everytime is is milky again. How do I go about finding where and or why the water is getting in my oil? Thank You In Advance!

The leak is more than likely internal,crankshaft seal, Not familiar with that engine,but the power head might have to be removed to inspect, Wait for others to reply to your thread

Back