Logo

AQ Inlet Manifold

isisthree

HI, further to my last post. I have moved on since then, Does anybody know if an inlet manifold from a single carb engine would fit an AQ145a which has dual carbs and its a very big and, would a Weber downdraft fit onto the single carb manifold?

I see from U.S. Ebay that the single carb manifold, Pt No. 841531 is ready available, but again, would this do the job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Wondering if your gonna get enough gas for the motor?Going from a 2carb setup to a single? Jets in the carb big enough? My friend burned up a motor by not rejetting after a carb change. Might be nothing to worry about??? Over on i boats . com there is a guy named Don Get into the Volvo Forum and ask him. Very knowledgable guy.

Too many errors regarding the AQ series V/Ps are being posted on that other forum.
I can't tell you just how many members have needlessly pulled a 4 cylinder engine, or a later AQ series V-8, to replace a single PDS bearing and the corresponding seals based on the information given.
And if these members have paid to have this work performed, it's cost them money that did not need to be spent.

Double bearing PDS.... yes, the engine must be removed, but not for the OHC 4 or the Ford or later GM V-8 engine single bearing PDS!
This is a costly disservice to those members, IMO. :mad:

I'd trust our own Eduardo on this one.
His knowledge on these OHC 4's is superior.

Last edited:
Hi, just going right back to this old thread abouht the weber conversion
I just bought a kit from Webcon in UK for my aq145a b23
But i need to file off some of the inlet manifold on the bolt flange at cylinder one so it fits properly
Anyone else had this issue?
Also, their new manifold blanks off the coolant - the original manifold allows coolant to run through it ( to heat or to cool??? )
Ian in London

Back