Logo

6 hp kicker

kyburzca

I recently converted from my Honda 8 hp to a 6 hp Suzuki. This is the first Suzuki I've owned. One thing I didn't realize until I started looking at smaller outboards, the have integral gas tanks. One question I have is, should I run a portable tank in lieu of the integral tank? I went with the Suzuki outboard mainly because what I was reading indicated it was the better choice, along with a recommendation from the sales person at the marine sales place of business where I bought this motor. Looking back, I'm not sure if I should have purchased this particular motor or ordered a new one online for a few hundred dollars more. At any rate, I hope I'll be happy with this motor which has been used lightly. It sure seems to be a quality motor.

Kyburzc (Randy from Hansville, WA)

I recently converted from my Honda 8 hp to a 6 hp Suzuki. This is the first Suzuki I've owned. One thing I didn't realize until I started looking at smaller outboards, the have integral gas tanks. One question I have is, should I run a portable tank in lieu of the integral tank? I went with the Suzuki outboard mainly because what I was reading indicated it was the better choice, along with a recommendation from the sales person at the marine sales place of business where I bought this motor. Looking back, I'm not sure if I should have purchased this particular motor or ordered a new one online for a few hundred dollars more. At any rate, I hope I'll be happy with this motor which has been used lightly. It sure seems to be a quality motor.

Kyburzc (Randy from Hansville, WA)

We purchased a new one and have had problems with the valves sticking. Were not the only one with that problem. Seems to be a factory defect. Our valve train and head were replaced under warranty, and the problem is still there, any time the engine is not used for a month or so, the valves freeze up, and there is no compression and no start. Less than 30 hrs on the 2018 DF6A engine, and we think we got a lemon Suzuki.

Back