Logo

67 electric shift 200 hp prop question

dimitrimfogal

Regular Contributor
so , i was test running the old sea hag the other day and at wot i was getting 3700 rpm . typically it wont go better than 3400 , but thats because i usually have 4-6 people , on the test run it was only my son and i . upon my return home i decided to service the outdrive with some new oils . while doing so , i saw the prop and began to wonder which would be the best prop for this set up . currently the numbers say 14 x14. does anyone have an idea if this one is optimum or should i try a different one? if different , what number should i get? thanx in advance...dimitri . crap ...p.s. it has a 78 chevy 305 2bbl with electronic ignition

I'd try to find more power from the engine rather than go to a lower pitch prop. There is a 12P, but prop efficiency on a 12P prop is poor - not really for planing hulls, more for houseboats. Propco part number S21 is the 12P if you want to try it.
Is your 78 305 a marine engine? or automotive cam in it?

its a marine engine , i dont think my throttle linkage is allowing me to reach full wot and i tried to adjust it but cant get it right , maybe ill start there again after fishin season ...for now i think its good enough . ill do a compression test and post results , but got a $20 bill that says compression is golden....thanx guys ...dimitri

Back