Logo

Gas squirting out of carburetor!!!

slowerthnyou99

Hey everyone, I hate to make my first post here as a question but I have no other choice...

I have a 1998 Force by Mercury that I am having some carb issues with. I was having fuel spray out of the top vent next to the idle mixture screw. This was apparently the overflow for the bowl. It was also leaking from a vent hole right above the fuel bowl on the port side. I pulled the carbs and adjusted the floats as they were all out of wack. I set them to be level with the bottom of the carburetor where the bowl meets the carburetor. The bowl vent has now stopped leaking ( the hole at the top next to the idle mixture screw. But it continues to leak from the lower vent by the fuel bowl.*

I have also set the idle screws at 1 turn out from lightly seated. Attached are photos of the holes I am trying to describe. The first picture no longer leaks after float adjustment the second continues to drain. Please point me in the right direction so I can diagnose and repair. Carbs have recently been rebuilt with new needles and carb kits... Thanks in advance.

20121009_175404.jpg

20121009_175522.jpg

Like PFP says,look at the others and see if they are plugged?
Getting answers is one thing,sometimes people don't look at this site.
I usually try to answer questions but my computer was down and then I was in the Bahamas.
There are other sites too!

Back