Logo

Damn Ethanol !!

Trojanman

Regular Contributor
Well after running 87 for two years it must have caught up with me. left motor started skipping, checked the points. Burnt! Installed a electronic distributor, timed it, took her out, now both motors are skipping, I knew right there I was screwed. Having half a tank in both tanks I filled them up with Sunoco Ultra 93 also bought a ethenol buster called 'BIOBOR'. Took her out and after a couple of skips, she ran like a bear. Moral of the story is...dont cheap out, buy the good stuff !!:p

Don't ya love it when we are paying $4 a gallon for something that will damage our tanks and/or motors and it's written right on the sign. Gives me a warm fuzzy feelin' !

Don't ya love it when we are paying $4 a gallon for something that will damage our tanks and/or motors and it's written right on the sign. Gives me a warm fuzzy feelin' !
The boating industry needs a better lobby. We should be exempt from buying fuel that destroys our boats.

papyson, nothing up in my neck of the woods, why don't they expand and sell ethanol free gas for boaters everywhere, it's a money maker ?? I know I would pay more for it !

i agree on it would be a money maker....especially down here where we boat 10 months a year....the fishermen do anyway....we spend the money anyway on additives....i know ethanol is a cleaner but if you ever saw a water fuel filter after ethanol has separated you are still going to add a conditioner and cleaner...especially on efi 4 cycle...part of the blame falls back on the motor manufactures though...i got 2 fairly new riding lawnmowers...one here and one at camp...i have run 2 year old leftover gas that was surplus generator gas after a hurricane and they never missed a beat...

You also get less gas mileage on 10 % ethanol. My boat has a Flo Scan that tells me exactly what I'm burning at my "check speed" (2,500 rpms). The motors burn 1/2 GPH each MORE than before--and that's documented by years of records.

Thanks a lot, Feds.

Jeff

Back