Logo

Jet Boat GMC Vortec 4.3 oil pan leaking?

jez d

Im getting oil in my bilge and cannot see it coming down the sides of the motor anywhere.

My motor had less than 100 hrs when this started to happen,the boat has sat around for a few years unused i think as it is a 2006 with few hours.

Its not leaking very much at all but just enough to make a sludgey mess. Any ideas guys before i pull my motor?

Are you sure that it is a motor issue? I had a similar problem. Only to find out that my trim tab pump was leaking just a little bit.. Also small leaks can go easily unnoticed on the rear of the engine. Good luck.

Ayuh,... It could be leakin' from 'bout Anywhere there's oil....

The Only way to find a leak, is Look....

Use a mirror, or camera, or whatever it takes...

I've heard of problems with those motors leakin', where the pan meets the timing cover...

Ayuh,... It could be leakin' from 'bout Anywhere there's oil....

The Only way to find a leak, is Look....

Use a mirror, or camera, or whatever it takes...

I've heard of problems with those motors leakin', where the pan meets the timing cover...

Hey Bondo
Yes i have read on a car forum of the pan leaking in these motors fitted into suvs,but have found no real info from boaters until now. I cant get a mirror down there to see,but ill look into where to get my hands on a camera.
No worries if i get laid off work for a week ill buy some beer n pull the motor. Thanks:D

Back