Logo

EFi Assistance with a 2005 Marine Power 5.7

Ski1491

Hi, new to the forum and really do appreciate any assistance you can offer. I have a 2005 Marine Power 5.7 engine that was a barn find and had never been run. As with all barn finds a few things are missing. It has the MEFI-4 EFI with a throttle body that has a combined TPC and throttle motor. Problem is all the throttle controls are missing, no harness e going to the throttle body, no bracket with the potetiometer that connects to the boat throttle cable etc. I have searched high and low trying to find how that system works and emailed MP four times and they do not respond. Can anyone help me fill in the blanks, how does that throttle system work and what componets am I missing. Was there a TAC module? I downloaded the MP manual for the engine, but no reference to this part of the system that I can find. I find the item below, but says it's for MEFI 5, not sure if it's compatable with MEFI-4.

Also interested in and advice on connecting it electrically to the boat, do apologize for the tall order, learning as I go. Thanks in advance and look forward to your response.

Ski

http://marineenginedepot.com/MP/Mar...meter-Complete-Control-Assembly-with-Bracket/

what you need is the MEFI-4 pieces, not necessarily the MP specific parts...Most of the Marinizers use the 'standard' GM options...ie you may be able to find some Mercruiser MEFI-4 parts that will work just fine. another option is to get in contact with a local EFI shop that can get you what you need and tune your fuel delivery curve if desired. You can also see if you have a MP dealer nearby...MP has always been reluctant to deal directly with the end user in most cases.

Back