Logo

2010 e-Tec 25HP tiller to remote conversion

nnyerges

I have a 2010 E-Tec 25HP (E25DRLIS) tiller model

Want to add remote steering wheel, remote control box, hourmeter gauge, a system check gauge and connect a battery for navigation lights and VHF radio. Questions in red

A) STEERING: I already have a rotary Teleflex system. What is the BRP P/N for the adapter kit to fit any cable/link to the engine?

B) REMOTE CONTROL: I already select a simple binnacle shift/speed remote control box with internal neutral switch and just need to adapt the link/cables to the engine. What is the BRP part number for this kit?
Note: Since i have to take off the tiller arm, I’m going to use the existing idle rpm and stop switch and place it on the forward console. To connect them and the neutral switch, I will construct the electrical harness extension of the existing cable assembly.

C) SYSTEMCHECK GAUGE: If you want to use SystemCheck or I-command gauge for a 25HP and 30HP engines, you may need a optional module and harness to support them. What is that optional module?, What is the BRP part number? What is the BRP par number for the corresponding harness?

D) BATTERY CHARGER for external aux. devices: I suppose that there is a small battery charger kit that connects to the alternator harness and have the output battery cables that goes out on the front/right side of the engine (as in the electrical ignition models). What is the BRP part number of the charger kit? I already have a group U1 gel 12vdc battery 32AH, 44RC.

E) HOURMETER: I’m no really sure, but the necessary +12 signal to the hourmeter, can be obtained from the actual tiller arm harness. I suppose that the stop switch, shorts to ground, but maybe the idle rpm switch have a +12 signal. Maybe I have to find out myself.

Regards,
Nicolas

Hi

The project is for my boats dinghy. Now, Im clear with what I need to connect my sterring system, the shift/speed controls, iddle rpm switch, stop switch, the battery support and the 12vdc gauge meter. But Im still confuse about extension harness selection for a Teleflex 68385P systemcheck gauge and the hourmeter gauge.

Back