Logo

Help with johnson

josh

Contributing Member
" I have a 1974 115 HP Johnson

" I have a 1974 115 HP Johnson that was just rebuilt. It runs terrible,it won't idle on the water but it does on the hose. it runs good on the hose too. But when i try to take off it takes off very slow and dseon't seem to go as fast as before the engine was rebuilt. Compression is 90 across the board and i cleaned and cleaned the carburetors to the best that i can i took out all the jets and cleaned the good too. spark plauggs look wet but i am getting the sprak to jump a 7/16 gap. What else could it be???? "

" What did the rebuild entail

" What did the rebuild entail ( bored out , new pistons and rings? )Is the flywheel on correctly ( controls the timing ).Run the motor at full throttle on the boat and look into the carburetors and compare the amount of fuel coming up the main jets. "

fuel in the carbs are good th

fuel in the carbs are good the flywheel is to 105 ft.pounds they rebuild was new rings seals and bearings

Is the flywheel key sheared o

Is the flywheel key sheared or in the wrong position.Did you compare fuel coming up the jets while the engine was running?

i have a 97 25hp Johnson on m

i have a 97 25hp Johnson on my pontoon & the water pump doen't appear to be working and the motor shuts down. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? Could it be something clogging the intake? It is also hard starting when cold.

i have a 97 25hp Johnson on m

i have a 97 25hp Johnson on my pontoon & the water pump doesn't appear to be working and the motor shuts down. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? Could it be something clogging the intake? It is also hard starting when cold.

" Sparky, yes i have checked t

" Sparky, yes i have checked the key and it is good and i have watched down the carb throats too and all cylinders seem to be getting gas. "

" I have lost spark on the #3

" I have lost spark on the #3 cylinder. I swapped coils and still nothing. I just put a new pack on it but i think it is going bad. Could this be a stator melting down or what? thanks,Josh "

" Do the check on the sensor c

" Do the check on the sensor coils, or switch wires to check if there is a bad sesor coio "

Back